Friday, May 15, 2009

Moscow - May 14th

So, it's our third day here in Moscow and I must say it has been quite the adventure, to put it lightly. Our accomodations have already been described previously by Jen, and the clientel has been consistent since our arrival. Yesterday morning I thought I was finally adjusting, and was then told that we were moving to a new room--all five of us. Good thing I am "adaptable."

We hopped on the metro to Christ the Saviour Cathedral. I had been warned about the aggressive babushkas, but it wasn't until one elbowed me at full force in the ribs for absolutely no reason that I truly understood how aggressive these women could be! Don't worry... the bruise will heal in a few days.

The Cathedral was great, and one of the Ambassadorial Scholars, Judith, was touring us around. She then took us to the Pushkin Museum and for a stroll on Arbat Street. We again headed to the metro to our next Rotary presentation. If you have ever been on the subway in New York, picture that experience twenty times more intense. It is so packed you can hardly breathe, and in order to get on the train, pushing is required. The conditions are unsafe and you need to watch your wallet/belongings at all times. We have learned this the hard way.

Well, I will post photos when I can! Off to our professional day...

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sarah !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!! Hope your trip has been unforgettable. We miss you bunches.

    Love Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH! Hope you had a nice day, 'cuz by now your day must be over and you're probably in bed.

    ReplyDelete