Monday, May 4, 2009

Read about our interesting flight!!!

Whoever told us it was going to be cold in Russia is in big trouble when I get home!!!!! My suitcase is full of sweaters and it is 70 degrees!!!!
I could probably write about ten pages on our first 32 hours but will do my best to outline the fun and exciting adventure we have had so far… pitfalls and all.

The plane took off from Boston with no problems and that is about the only time we did not run into problems!!! Good flight from Boston to Frankfurt. Sarah and I met Tony who was an in-flight animated person that popped up on the screen every so often to remind us to stretch during our 8 hour flight! We had a lot of fun with that, ask John because he had to keep telling us to quiet down.

As we passed through customs to check into our connecting flight Robin realized she forgot her camera on the plane and off she goes to find it……………………………. We were unsure at that point whether she realized we were taking off in 35 minutes. We went and got something to eat and still no Robin. We went to the gate and still no Robin and don’t forget we are in Germany and the signs are not in English! The flight begins boarding and Mike is haggling with the flight attendants to either hold the plane or let us get on the next flight. I don’t think it was going to well and as we turned around here comes Robin and John speed walking down the hall! Catastrophe averted except she still did not get her camera. By the way she bought it that day in preparation for the trip and it was quite a valuable camera!

The flight from Frankfurt to Moscow was “interesting” to say the least (code word cookies). It was not a full flight which allowed us to spread out and we all had a row of three seats to ourselves. All went well until landing. Upon our attempts to land yes attempts we keep descending and ascending without explanation from the pilot. Now the problem is Sarah is terrified to fly in the first place and I get airsick. So to make a long story short I will outline for you the chain of events:
1. Passengers are holding on for dear life
2. Sarah is sobbing uncontrollably
3. Robin is talking away like nothing is out of the ordinary
4. Jen is tossing her cookies into a bag with a hole in it as she is moaning for a bag without a hole airplane barf bags come falling from the sky in all directions. In the meantime I found 2 ponchos in my carry on that worked just fine for my cookies
5. Sarah is praying the plane will not crash while I am praying it will to put me out of my misery.
6. Mike is trying to simultaneously acknowledge Robins comments while at the same time trying to keep himself composed… what an awesome team leader!!!!
7. By the way I have no idea what John is doing at this time, maybe checking out the flight attendant.
8. We land I run to the bathroom to finish tossing my cookies and when I come out there is a doctor on board checking people for the pig flu. She takes one look at me and sticks a gun looking object into my ear to take my temperature. Yes I passed or would probably not be writing to you right now! They did not even check Robin, Sarah, or John.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are all still alive.

    Just out of curiosity, what find of cookies did you waste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shocker they picked you to check for 'swine' flu Jen, what with your green complexion and rain poncho's full of regurgitated airplane food. Nice first impression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerrie- You don't want to know!!! You may never eat a cookie again and we wouldn't want that to happen!

    ReplyDelete