Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Goodbye Moscow... Hello Cherepovets!

Well, after a midnight train from Moscow, we are now in Cherepovets. It is a nice city situated on a river. It is know as one of the industrial cities in Russia.

My final days in Moscow were great, with the exception of having all my bank information comprimised :(

An Ambassadorial Scholar, Aaron, took us around and we were able to see so much--St. Basil's and GUM at night (right), a Cemetary where many famous people have been buried, a monastery, the Eurovision final, AND I even saw the light show at Gorkey Park and went on a ride! THANK YOU AARON! Picture at left with Robin--he doesn't usually look this crazy, I promise :) I guess I need to get some better photos!

My accomodations in Cherepovets are great. We went on a brief historial tour of the central part of the city, and went to a childrens theater where we heard a few musical performances. The owneк of this theater is a Rotarian, and has done some work with special needs youth. Tomorrow we are going to the steel factory, which is apprently an exclusive tour! I am excited!

2 comments:

  1. It is great to hear you are enjoying Cherepovets so far !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously hoped you would not pick that picture, but Robin has the CD right? She is not sharing? Uh Oh, Robin is in trouble when I see her in Saint P.

    Yeah, you got that right. I'll be able to all get you in for free at the monastery ;).

    So, seriously Robin, this is NOT good footage of me and you have a reasonably good shot, PLEASE help me out here.

    ReplyDelete