Friday, May 8, 2009

Driving in Russia -- And you thought Boston drivers were bad!!!!

My husband Mike thinks that I am an erratic driver, well, try spending five minutes in a car with a Russian!! As gracious as our hosts have been and as much as we love them I really dread riding in the car with them. At first we thought it was just the first driver but then it happened again and again with new people. I had to sit in the front in order to keep from being sick… and I thought I was done with all that after the flight.

Sarah and Robin swear they never get car sick but both of them have been turning white even as they open the door to get into a car and no it has n9othign to do with all the vodka we have been consuming. I am sure it will be funny in about ten years…. Our host mother likes to talk and drive at the same time. I admit I do this as well but now I really understand why people want it outlawed. A man actually stopped his car in front of ours today in the middle of the road (something like route 44 in Taunton but without lines) got out of his car and came to her window and began yelling at her. She yelled back while Sarah and I looked on horrified when all of a sudden she took off and just drove around him. In her defense we were late for our bus to Vladimir.

xoxo,
Jenn and Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment