Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So far, so good

The weather and the food have exceeded our expectations. I'm not used to eating meatballs for breakfast but I could get used to it! Actually, I'm not really sure they were meatballs but they were good. It has been sunny and in the high sixties since we arrived. Yesterday, Mike and I even got to go for a swim at the end of the day. I never thought I'd be swiming in Russia in May. This evening we visted Ivanovo University and met with a class taking intensive English lessons. Their command of the language was impressive we even had a few Celtics fans in the class.

After an extensive amount of travel by plane, bus and car I think we are all adjusting well to our new surroundings. The host families have been unbelievabley gracious and hospitable. There are certainly pieces of home I miss but I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I think the rest of the team would agree.

By the way, I was not checking out the flight out attendant. I was trying to get her to bring Jen a few more barf bags!

1 comment:

  1. Tell you comrades to cheer harder for the Celtics - they just lost game 1 to the Magic.

    ReplyDelete