Thursday, May 7, 2009

A "small" Dinner

Dinner at the Chechnya Home from Sarah’s perspective

We went to have a “small dinner” (yeah right) at a Rotarians home who was from Chechnya. Robin’s mother took an orange and told me to out it down my shirt. We translated that to mean I was not well enough endowed and it was a joke on me. What she really meant was that she wanted me to take it home and she was joking because earlier in the day when we were out to lunch I stole four shot glasses from the restaurant. I asked to buy them but was told just to put them in my bag and leave.

It is important in Russia to know the difference between no and yes in Russia even when you are tired. When being served make sure you say Nyet or no when you have had enough. Da will only ensure that your plate is completely full of salad. Ooopss… oh well it could have been mayonnaise

Dinner at Chechnya from Jen's perspective

Sarah was so tired and I happened to be sitting next to her during dinner. As she was being served by the man of the house she kept saying “Da, DA, DA ,DA” and wondering why he was still filing her plate. I finally grasped what was going on and started laughing hysterically as I am doing now and put my hand over her plate while the rest of the people looked at us like we really were crazy. They then realized what tired Sarah had done and started laughing to. Yes she ate it all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment