Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Can't Believe We Leave in 2 Days!


So, it's Thursday and I think it's finally starting to settle in that we are actually going to be in Russia in three days from now. I've managed to complete most of my packing at this point (although I am going to have to trim it down a little bit, I think). There's been so much to do and coordinate before I officially "check out" of my life here for a month.

Everyone here at Brown is really excited about the trip and can't wait for me to return and share all that I've learned. I also spoke with my adviser at Tufts, and she also thought it would be great if I could do a short presentation to my cohort in the Fall. I can't wait to tell everyone about the trip when I return!

Having the chance to meet the Russian team at Caryn's cookout on Sunday was great (see photo of 7950 with 2220). The team was able to answer some basic questions we had--most importantly, what should I WEAR!? Haha! They showed me pictures of where they are from and their families. One of the girls was from Vladimir, and said that we will be staying with her parents. The pictures of Vladimir were really impressive, so I am definitely looking forward to seeing it all in person.

T minus 2.5!! Russia, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment