Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flurry of Preparation and Excitement

It is Wednesday and we are leaving for Russia in four days I cannot express in words how excited I am! Everyone has done such a wonderful job in preparing and planning this trip. I really do consider it a trip of a lifetime and am so very excited to have been chosen to represent Rotary District 7950 as a Group Study Exchange team member.

This past weekend at a cookout at Caryn's (Inbound chair) we met the Group Study Exchange team from Russia (District 2220). It was a beautiful day for a cookout and the food was excellent! I am a little nervous as their English was quite a bit better then my Russian. I am planning on bringing a lot of pictures and putting to test the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words"!

We found out that we will be meeting up again with the Russian GSE team at the distrcit conference in St. Petersburg at the end of May. I am looking forward to hearing how the rest of their trip was!

Everything is starting to come together! We had our brochures printed (I will try to upload to the site) and our business cards are done. We have had the opportunity to do our presentation at two rotary club meetings here in the U.S. and have recieved some valuable feedback.

It is time to go......................

No comments:

Post a Comment